A month (and some) of tools
Work and many GameMaker extensions
Some progress have been made on rollback netcode for Rivals of Aether
There’s still a lot to do in terms of cleaning everything up for game state serialization.
I did more work for Samurai Gunn 2!
I also added some bits to my Steamworks extension for it (more about it soon).
I did some initial work on netcode for a smaller project, but it’ll be a little while before you hear more of it.
A few beta builds were released for Nuclear Throne!
The highlights are a fix for random slowdowns (introduced by a Windows 10 update) and a whole lot of bug fixes.
You can opt in via Steam (“beta” tab in Properties - “openbeta” branch) and discuss it on Discord.
I released a GMEdit beta that introduces GMS2-style bookmarks, and, subsequently, a stable version. There are also many small fixes and improvements.
Steamworks P2P adapter
I released a tool that allows to play games without Steamworks P2P API integration through Steam! This can help avoid port forwarding in older (and some newer!) games.
I figured out how to make some of my DLLs much smaller! And wrote a post about it.
For anyone curious about my process to making GameMaker DLLs in general, I published my DLL template repository that I use as a “base” for these with help of a recursive copy tool. This includes a Visual Studio that populates 3 GameMaker projects (GMS1.4, GMS2.2.5, GMS2.3+) and can automatically package them into respective extension formats (GMEZ, YYMP, YYMPS) for use with different GM versions.
Window Resize Fix
I released an extension that fixes window resizing behaviour in GameMaker games!
This can be considered a success since the issue has been partially addressed in the new beta runtime 126.96.36.1990+.
buffer_create fix for GMS1
I released an extension that monkey-patches an issue with buffer_create function in GMS1! This may be of interest if you still use GMS1 and make networked games.
I released a GMLive update that fixes a variety of small issues.
I released an update for my Steamworks wrapper that adds support for retrieving user avatars! A good thing to have in lobby UI.
I merged my two old extensions (window_flash and window_progress) into one extension, and also open-sourced it!
I released an extension that allows to grab frame durations for GMS2.3 sprites!
This also demonstrates how to write tools that collect project data in GML.